This rare French wall charm is reverse-painted glass hanging with a glass panel and pressed metal surround. The painting technique is referred to as "eglomise" in France, a technique used in the second half of the 19th century up to approx. 1910. Likely to have originally had a mother of pearl holy water font attached at the base.
Dating circa 1900, it celebrates La Savoyarde - France's largest bell which hangs in the Sacre Coeur in Montmartre, Paris. The inscription provides facts such as the weight of the bell and the clapper!